Do I need a temporary food permit?

A temporary food establishment is defined by the 1999 Food Code as a food establishment that operates for a period of no more than 14 consecutive days in conjunction with a single event or celebration. Temporary food events include food truck festivals, traveling fairs and carnivals, holiday festivals, restaurant food shows, and special interest fund-raisers.

An event is considered public and is subject to Board of Health requirements if it is advertised with fliers, banners, newspaper articles, social media, radio or TV announcements, or by other means.

The Health Agent will work with you to ensure that your temporary food establishment meets all the basic food safety requirements necessary to prevent a foodborne illness outbreak prior to your event.

Please call the Board of Health at 617-898-4886 with any questions.

Show All Answers

1. Does the Milton Health Department give seasonal flu vaccines?
2. Are COVID-19 Testing Kits available at the Milton Health Department?
3. Will the Health Department be administering the updated COVID-19 vaccine?
4. How do I dispose of sharps (needles)?
5. Do I need a temporary food permit?
6. Do I need to connect into the sewer line when I sell my house?
7. Where do I find information about rodent control?
8. How much are burial permits?
9. How do I find a Mental Health Provider?