The Barnard Capen House was built c.1658 in Dorchester, Massachusetts and moved to Milton by Professor Kenneth G.T. Webster for use as a summer house. The house is today the oldest in Milton, though it was not built here but moved here in 1909.
Despite the opposition of the Historical Commission, a new owner of this property had the Capen house disassembled and removed from the Hillside Street site in 2006. The commission has no information regarding any future reconstruction of this important building.