The Milton Cemetery was established in 1672, ten years after the incorporation of the Town of Milton. Its mission is to serve as a place of comfort to the bereaved and visitors alike. The landscape has evolved to its present 102 acres for over 330 years. The design principles put forth in the nineteenth century planning and layout of much of the site have an important place in the history of the rural cemetery movement. The monumentation from the 17th and 18th centuries is an artistic and historic record of our heritage.