Milton DPW Recycling Center is at 629 Randolph Avenue. It is open the first Saturday of every month from 9 am to noon.
The Recycle Center accepts trash stickers only; we do not accept cash or personal checks at the Recycling Center. Trash stickers can be purchased at many stores around town, including the 7-Eleven at 590 Randolph Avenue
- TV's, computers (laptops and hard drives) and computer monitors - $9 per item. Place three $3 stickers on each item.
- Computer accessories such as keyboards and mice are not accepted.
- Refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers - $9 per item. Place three $3 stickers on each item. Please remove refrigerator doors before drop-off.
- Propane tanks and fire extinguishers - 1 (one) $3 sticker per item
All other drop-off items are free. These include:
- Metal items (including file cabinets, bikes, grills (remove fuel), etc.)
- Books (hardcover and softcover in good condition)
- Fluorescent bulbs and compact fluorescent bulbs
- Items containing mercury (thermometers, thermostats)
- Non-alkaline batteries (rechargeable batteries, etc.)
- Accepted curbside recyclables (metal cans, plastic bottles, glass, paper, cardboard, etc.)
The Recycling Center will not accept:
- Hazardous waste (motor oil, automotive fluids, paint, elemental mercury)
- Vacuum cleaners
- Plastic-body electronics such as boom boxes/stereos, fans, and computer keyboards. You can dispose of these at retail stores such as Target and Best Buy.
- Rigid plastic items such as children's toys, laundry baskets, and plastic trash barrels
To dispose of these items, consider donation first. If the items are not suitable for donation, you can use How Do I Dispose Of...? or the MA Beyond the Bin Directory to find a place for them.
Please note that household 'alkaline' batteries (AAA, C, D, etc.) are not considered hazardous and should be thrown out in your regular trash.
For missed trash, recycling or yard waste collection issues please call the Milton DPW trash line at 617-898-4900.